Thursday, March 20, 2008

In Jakarta

Finally, internet access after 5 days living without it. Fucking shit, micheal who is sitting at e next terminal keep on looking at my window -.- Nevermind, its been damn boring here & its good to have another lame ass around to lame together. Well, an update to my daily activities, more or less is e same everyday. Without fail, I will wait up at 9am to have breakfast.. alone; 1st 3 days cos micheal had not arrived, as for e past few days, that idiot always overslept. When he finally wakes up, I will be still sleeping, bad habit though. Afternoon, we will be at one of e mega malls advertising our products & have our lunch there. Come to evening, e boredom starts to kick in, always stuck in e fucking jam, e worst one was more than 2hrs! Can you imagine 2hrs in e taxi? Back to hotel, always zhou bo, talk cock with micheal (he & his lame ass joke most of e time, more lame than me) or hone my skills against AI at dota, sian lo. What can 2 men do in e hotel room? Ha. Actually, I also dont know what to really write in this post, there are some things which I wish to write but cant write :( Alright, start with my 1st day.

16th Sunday
Reached Jakarta at around 1030am, was damn sleepy cos I only slept 1hr for e whole night? Ha, worth it though. First stop, Roxy mas, e main centre for mobile phone trading & communications stuff in Java island. I did a recce for e top floor down & went to search for e various shops that used to trade with us, sadly almost all ceased to exist; my last visit was 4 years ago. Luckily, I spotted Osman's sister on e 4th floor, got a new indo no. from her & some relevant information. Apparently, some of e china TV phones has already penetrated into their market & are already licensed, Zzzzz. That makes my job even harder cos none of my models are registered. Ha, so I started my rounds on e 1st floor, going to shops after shops, promoting my sets while siphoning information from them; this is what I called Humint(Army stuff, lol) Sian, couldnt find any buyers who are willing to buy in bulk. Worse still, I was being followed & my suspicion was double confirmed when I asked one of e shop keeper to keep an eye on my back while I made a round. I dont know why I was being followed & it wasnt wise to stay around as it was getting late. Hence, went to have a quick dinner & took a cab back to hotel. 1st night alone wasnt that bad, cos there was a live match being telecasted; Palermo - Inter milan! Damn tiring day, I fell asleep at around 1am without replying e last message. Strange huh, I was looking forward to this business trip, but somehow I kinda regret it now.

17th Monday
Breakfast! Very simple, just nasi goreng. I simply love their fried rice, you just cant find it anywhere in s'pore that can match their taste. Went back to Roxy mas again, cos I only covered e 1st floor e day before & thats only 3/4 of it for e whole afternoon. Well, it was faster then, as I filtered out e shops that cant converse in english/chinese/hokkien. Not bad, I managed to find a few shops that are interested in our products & willing to get a few sets to try it out. However, due to some forwarding difficulties, I had to postpone e orders to another day. Back in hotel, really nothing to do, wenhui did come & visit me for awhile; nabei, kept on playing e TV phones until they low batt, Zzzzz. I couldnt sleep e whole night, insomnia! Something is very wrong. Ya, I gave up on leeching wifi from e available networks, my laptop just cant connect to them! Ahhh!! I think I fell asleep at 4am, finally.

18th Tuesday
Zzzzz, Corrine kept singing to me while I was sleeping, ha. My phone rang at least thrice in e morning, micheal had reached Jakarta, but his luggage is missing! It was a bad day for me & an extremely bad one for him. After meeting me at e hotel, we went over to Manga dua to source for new buyers for e game consoles. Spent e whole afternoon walking around e malls, but we only managed to secure one buyer. Somehow, micheal morale was quite frustrated, cos all e sample goods that he brought from S'pore were all inside e luggage bag. So, we made our way back to hotel. Upon reaching, we received a call from e Valuair, seems that micheal's luggage was found & it will be sent to our hotel. It was a good news, until e 2nd call came, e customs wanted his luggage bag code as they wanted to examine e contents. Of course, we didnt allow that, so had to go to e airport instead & e cb taxi driver wanted to rip us which we had no choice, cos we wanted to get e luggage asap.
@ e airport, we were ushered into a room & one of e airport official stated that we had to pay 100k ruppiah each for a pass to get into baggage retrival area. Again, we dont have a choice, but only micheal went in, if not I had to pay e 100k too. I waited for 15mins before micheal emerged, looked damn nervous? The same fucking officer didnt want to let go of micheal's luggage until we pay him some 'coffee money'; 100k, which was given to him. On board e taxi, e taxi driver tried to rip us too, ccb, but micheal gave in. Then he told me what happened. Once in e retrival area, he was brought into a room with around 8 airport officials. They told him it is against e law to bring in electronic goods without being taxed & they intended to confiscate them. If micheal dont agree, they will keep him in custody & let him go e next day, without e goods. Fuck la, in this kind of situation, he was coerced to give in to their demands. Around $200SGD was given to them before they allowed him to leave with e luggage & they even wanted to take his ipod nano. Fuckers. Sigh, we went to have dinner at some nearby roadside restaurant, quite nice leh, especially e kangkong! Still had goreng pisang, also superb! Again, I only managed to sleep at 4am.

19th Wednesday
Morning as usual, breakfast alone, that idiot didnt want to wake up. Halfway thru, I was recalling where did I have my breakfast with joyce when she came with me to Jakarta last time, ha. After last night discussion, we decided to go Surabaya e next day by plane. Hence, met wenhui at his condo apartment which is just beside our hotel. At e booking agency, it was told all airlines were fully booked. Ha, I told them I die die wouldnt take Adam Air, 3 crashes in 6mths, you want to take? Luckily, e airline bankrupt liao! Wahahaha. Next alternative was by train, however was fully booked too. Last resort, by car, that was also fully booked! No choice, had to take wenhui's car instead, that was agreed then. On wenhui's suggestion, we went to Cempaka mas instead of Koningan. Total waste of time, e shops there are all doing retail, none with distributor capabilities. So, we decided to leave for Roxy mas to meet up interested buyers. The time was 510pm when we left Cempaka mas, we reached Roxy at around 830pm, WTF. The jam is really a big killer, really nothing can be used to describe it, just terrible.

Fuck, I dont have e mood to write anything now. I mean it when I said those words again.

No comments: