Before sunrise; before sunset.
Went to my paternal grandparents' house on monday. The usual thing happened, I always cant figure which floor they reside, its either 12th or 13th. Funny thing is, I always tell myself to remember, but whenever I reached there, I always have to check it out first. Lol, I cant seem to remember things I want to remember but things that I dont want to remember, always surface. Is it a matter/level of commitment; e act of committing things/incidents to one's memories? If that is so, how do u prove this commitment then? The fact that he can remember? e miniscule details that he can provide? Or what? We always assumed that if a person cant remember e thing he is supposed to, it means that its insignifcant to him. Likewise, if a person dont seem to bother, its simply assumed that he dont give a damn about e issue. It isnt wrong for most to assume, but it isnt always right all e time.
& I still cant remember which floor is it again.
After watching 'Daybreakers' just now, I remember a movie starring ethan hawke, 'Before Sunrise', kinda nostalgic, it was way back to secondary school. As much as I can remember, it depicts how 2 strangers met & spent a night together in Vienna, knowing that they will have to part before sunrise & probably cant get to see each other again. However before they left, they agreed to meet at e same place again after a time period. In e end, they didnt get to meet, I forgot what was e reason, but it wasnt delibrate by either of them. Until e sequel, 'Before Sunset'. Again, they have limited time & by sunset, they would have to make a choice.
In e sequel, after a few years, e guy(ethan hawke)wrote a novel based on them & during a promotion stop, he actually got to meet her at a bookstore which happened to be his last presentation. So, everything rewind, both of them asked each other why they didnt meet up, what had happened in their life all this while & given a choice, what would they choose.
The sad thing is there isnt really an ending, it ends with ethan hawke deciding to stay or leave. Given its me, I would have stayed :) Watch it if u happen to have a copy of it.
The top wordings? ' What if you had a second chance with e one that got away?'

No comments:
Post a Comment