Communication
Wee..I'm at home, just came back from e clinic, was having 'diarrhea' , haha.. Damn, my throat havent recovered fully yet, still got lots of phelgm, but still better than last week, when blood was contained in e phelgm. Went Ikea on sunday to get my martini glasses, it was a quickie thing, grabbed & go, cos I was working, hee. Then I remembered shiyan wanted to buy it too & he seem quite 'BUSY' now? So got a different set for him.
Monday, took my final papers for my current course. Before that, was a dedication parade for SAF day which happens to be on e 1st of July, because of this shit, I had to wake up at 530am, Zzzz. As usual, I was very sleepy & I fell asleep standing when e colonel was giving e SAF day speech. Must be due to my 'driving' schedule, I managed to do that in a standing position & was awaken by e next command after e speech, lol.. After e parade, we were hurried to a hall to take e papers, but e lights in e middle row werent working. After a delay of 30mins, we were told to carry on without a change of room, wtf.. Halfway thru I fell asleep again! -.- Luckily, my staff sergeant was around & he woke me up, haha..I managed to finished it on time!
Anyway, I saw this article in one of e magazine on good communication, check it out.
The Four A's of Good Communication
- ATTENTION. To get the receiver's respect, show emphathy, & aim to overcome all distractions like disturbing mannerisms, unusual dress, & personal or emotional problems.(Hmm, seems like I have this problem, rofl..)
- APPRECIATION. It is crucial e communicator ensures a positive reception of e message. Encouraging free-flow input from e receiver is a good way to do so. (Yeah, free flow liquer)
- ASSMILATION. Appreciaition alone is not enough. A person may understand a message but not accept it fully. Communication is only complete if e recipent assimilates e information, absorbs it, & uses it.
- ACTION. This final step is what drives theory into reality. Very often, a good idea is met with superficial acceptance & is not translated into action. The two-sided nature of communication comes into play here, as e originator of e message gives further follow-up, support & encouragement.

No comments:
Post a Comment