Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thoughts..

Zzzz, I think my body clock abit siao liao. Dont know for what reason, I couldnt sleep on monday morning. Was damn energetic lo, playing dota, followed by Field commander on my PSP, ended up sleeping for 1hr. In camp, I was 'drifting' in & out of e sleeping realm. I just couldnt fall asleep, but when I did, I will wake up a few minutes later. Stupid lo, at least last night was better, I managed to tire myself out by playing dota non-stop after reaching home; hitted e pillows at 1am. On e way to camp, received a message from HQ stating that I had to do some marshall duties, wtf, sergeant liao still must do this kind of shit. But I managed to slip away, hehe... Great lo, e seamstress in my camp 'ORD' liao, where am I going to sew my ranks now? Beach road is a nono, way too far, unless someone is going to drive me there & wait for me, lol...

I was thinking back of a conversation which I had with one of my superiors last week. We were talking about how each of us look at things differently from different angles & how a 2nd/more opinion gives you more insight on issues. Hmm, I tend to be stubborn most of e time, doing things e way that I like them to be done. However, being in army, I have learnt to really listen to others' opinion & look at things at various angles. All this led me to rethink about my future; not on my priorities but mainly on my career. For e past 6 years, I have been with e same company. Am I happy to work there? Yes & No.
Why Yes?

  1. I'm dealing with things that I like; laptops, mobile phones & pda.
  2. I have e freedom to work anytime I like(However, I'm e only one in e company who enjoy this unwritten privilege)
  3. Beside a fix pay, I'm allowed to engage in private dealings.
  4. I have nice colleagues
  5. Its an open enviroment, not confined to an office or cubicle?
  6. The job allows me to have access to various types of gadget which I can try it out without buying.
  7. My boss is nice to me.

Why No?

  1. The company doesnt have a structured organisation, hence no one has a specific role & are expected to multi-task for e same pay?
  2. The salary is quite low, compared to other industries ( However, e rate is considered high in e same trade)
  3. Though most of e colleagues are nice, some are incompetent in work.
  4. Management is a mess, administrative issues keep arising. Worse still, some of them are past issues that were not fully resolved.
  5. I dont know what is e vision of e company, it keeps changing. Moreover, I cant get in tune with e boss concept of doing things.
  6. I'm getting tired of facing those fuck issues, it will be good to be working in a brand new enviroment.
  7. I need something more challenging, as in within e work scope & e job nature.

Zzzz, I'm getting sleepy, cant carry on.. Update 2molo..

No comments: