unfinish..
Friday duty was a bad experience. 1st, it is my 1st guard duty as commander. 2nd, alot of new rules were implemented on e day itself with courtesy of Mr Dave teo. 3rd, I was e only sergeant around & because of e new rules, I had to source out 2 more sergeants. Since when will one voluntarily do guard duty? Besides, its friday, sure no one wants to come back.. Luckily, xiaoyi(disgruntled) decided to come back, so did pradeep cos his appointments were all cancelled(Stay at home too bo liao) though both of them were having off. Sian, had to teach e guards riot drills(which I dont know, heng e 2 jokers knew about it) & handcuff drills. Worst thing is that, I dont get to rest much & most of e guards are lazy fuckers; they dont set alarm clock when they are sleeping. I had to wake them up one by one for every shift, gan tulan, nearly made them do a turn out(Something like fire drill). Well, at least I know that e 2 morons can be trusted on whenever I need them :) & thanks for coming back!
Saturday afternoon was spent at my paternal grandparents house. It was a celebration for my grandfather's 78th birthday & I was told to come for it. Silly thing is, I didnt know it was his birthday & until then, I didnt know how old he & my grandmother is. Ya, its kinda sad that I dont get to see them often but I'm trying my best to make time for them. & they have a new jack russell, cute seh, keep wanting belly rub. Most of e time, I was holed up in at e back of e kitchen, talking to my grandfather. In fact, he was doing most of e talking, talking about our ancestral roots & imparting his long years of experience & wisdom to me. Then he mentioned " You should communicate more with your father, you two dont meet up much(once a year nia) & he's your father afterall" I laughed. I think I have much to talk with my grandfather, as for my father.. No, there isnt anything to talk between us.
I'm dozing off again..

No comments:
Post a Comment